Houston, we have separation....

 Houston, we have separation...

I've now officially been away from work for 1 week.  My first week was great, but upon reflection, maybe I tried to do too much.    I was up early each day and catching up on jobs around the house that needed doing.   I kept myself very busy.   

So now we are in week 2, and my plan for this week is to do less.  Relax, read, play with the racecar, but slow down .  We are a few weeks out from Christmas.  I'm planning to recreate my grandma's boiled pudding recipe for xmas day with the family.   These types of simple things have gone by the wayside in previous years due to being busy.  

I've joined a local gym and  been attending every couple of days with my son.    This is a great outcome, to be able to spend time with my son on a regular , unrushed basis.    I have been trading stocks recently and looking to increase this.   This starts with self education. 

Am I missing work yet?   No way.    There's a whole world opening up to me as I leave the regimented 9-5 mindset.  This will take ages to get right in my head, so I am continually telling myself to relax, and let it happen slowly.   My next challenge is to collect all the dead car batteries , and recycle them to fund the beer fridge for the xmas break.  I'm loving the range of craft beers available these days.   My favourite at present is Thunder Road Tropical Splash Pacific Ale. 

We're in a heatwave at present, 38 deg c today.  I'm hoping for some rain to green theplace up for Christmas. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 weeks to go...

It's the end of the world as we know it...

2 weeks to go.