The Journey Awaits.

 Welcome to my journey.  Have you fantasized about leaving your job and wondered how that might work out for you?  Me too.  This is exciting right, stepping out of the comfort zone into the unknown?  This is a blog of what actually happens ( for me anyway) as I work through this big change.   


Like any good story we better set the scene.  I'm Matt, 51 y/o Australian guy and have been working for the same good employer for about 16 years.    I've got a couple of grown up kids and a supportive wife, who has a good job.    For most of the last 25 years, I've been focused on providing for the family, but now as they are growing up, I need to peel back that responsibility and examine what makes me happy in life.   Lately work hasn't been doing that.  


This week I gave formal notice of resignation to my boss.  We had been discussing it for a couple for weeks, but here we are.   There's a lot of stress involved in these types of decisions, second guessing and fear of the unknown, but I'm doing it anyway.   Join me along the journey and maybe share your own experiences.


This half baked plan currently looks something like this:   

    1) Quit job

    2) Relax for some weeks / months to get my head in the right place

    3) Try some new experiences

    4) Create  a blog 

    5) Do some share trading

    6) Spend more time with my aging parents

    7) Take the time to enjoy my awesome home. I live on a couple of acres on the Sunshine Coast, Australia , beside a river. 

Here's a picture from my back veranda





Thanks for reading, please watch for further links, and comment to say hi. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 weeks to go...

2 weeks to go.

It's the end of the world as we know it...